Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Boots- Red Wing No.9013



Known variously as the Beckman, 6" classic round, and the Gentleman Traveler, these are from Red Wing's "Lifestyle Heritage Collection." Am I the only one who cringes at the mention of "lifestyle" anything?
The first issues of these were made with Horween Chromexel leather uppers, and available, I believe, only in Japan and Europe. Later issues- including these- are made with Red Wing's own Featherstone leather uppers. Vibram roccia half soles, goodyear welt construction. These look like they were made to last a while, so I'll get back to you in 2020 with a field report...
A Valentine's day gift from my wife. Available from Sundance Catalog and other fine outlets.
I'd say these run 1/2 to a full size larger than true-to-size, so try before you buy.

Red Wing Shoes- Lifestyle Heritage Collection

Sundance Catalog

1 comment:

  1. just recently I was able to find one of the same boots in my size. great boots love the color of the leather.
    some images of them, have a look here:
    http://be-cause-blog.com/2011/07/07/red-wing-boots-9013/

    ReplyDelete